whovian223

Re: From Zero to Hero Star Realms [Tournament Thread]

Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:31 am

Jamma over whovian223 with 2:1 games.

after my win in the first game, the second was a one-sided victory for whovian.
in the last game i was lucky to acquire good early starbases, pushed by events, and was in control from then on.
Yeah, I saw the writing on the wall quickly in that last game.

Great games. Congrats!

hardco

Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:20 pm

hardco over JammaTal (2-0)

Game 1 JammaTal started aggressive, with an early Blob Fighter and Missile Bot. I went for income and bought a fairly early The Ark. It found its way to the bottom of my deck a lot though, and I had to buy a lot of bases to slow down the offense. Eventually The Ark got the job done though.

Game 2 I had the interesting choice of Trade Blob or Cutter. I took the Trade Blob, as there was a Megahauler on the board. After the reshuffle I grabbed the Megahauler, and next round JammaTal left me a Stealth Fighter. I proceeded to draw them both the same turn every shuffle for the rest of the game...

Nice match JammaTal!
Last edited by hardco on Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holsten-Knight

Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:30 pm

Oh oh, as I gave all my secret advice about SR to jamma... I am really looking forward to our final. :shock:

Holsten-Knight

Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:24 pm

Really interesting final so far, I won the first game. with some strange decissions, you have to take if you are behind. And was lucky they worked out. 2nd game looks really bad, but I need to sleep now.

hardco

Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:01 pm

First game was rough. We both opened with a 2 trade ship and a Blob Wheel to chase the Brain World on the board. I got the Brain World, but after that there was nothing but high end combat ships, which you got the best of. I made a costly mistake playing out a Viper, and my last purchase revealed a Warp Jump event. I had to save the Brain World for next turn instead of getting 1 scrap out of it.

Game two is interesting... It can still go either way.

Holsten-Knight

Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:32 pm

Gratiulation hardco! really well played. Not much I could do in match 3, but that was because of a flawless game by you (not over yet, but 0% chance left) :mrgreen:

hardco

Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:56 pm

Nice match! Game 3 was tight, whenever we play events I am always concerned that something crazy is going to jump out and I'll come back to my turn at -20 authority, but fortunately it worked out this game. The game opened with a draw 2 event, giving Holsten a first turn Starmarket while I picked up a Patrol Mech, an Imperial Fighter, and scrapped my last 2 Scouts to another event. Holsten followed up with a Supply Bot, and I got a Corvette and the scrap hero with my Patrol Mech, so both of our decks were pretty lean by turn 3, but I was a couple Scouts better off. My plan was to deny bases to render his Starmarket useless, but he managed to get a Trading Post. to support it. Even though he picked up a Mothership and a Command Ship, I managed to outrace him with my Machine Cult and Imperial deck.

hardco over holsten-knight (2-1)

geigerm

Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:44 pm

Congrats to hardco on the win!

As with most (all?) of our SR tournaments, the third place matches have barely started by the time the final concludes. We'll keep you posted. Are we also supposed to play best 2 out of 3?

robthomasson

The Winner & The Reward

Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:03 am

Congratulations hardco!

I will send you a PM with your iOS key for Warhammer 40K Regicide - The 40K Chess Game.

Many thanks to Private Prinny for organising and to all who took part. More please!

NOTE: hardco has won 3 of the last 4 PT tourneys to finish - Patchwork, Stone Age and now Star Realms. Somewhat impressive :D

geigerm

Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:19 am

3rd place match: geigerm (2) over JammaTal (0)

Played two good games against JammaTal to take the bronze. The first game found me going with a ridiculously red hand to thin my deck to the essentials, while the second was primarily based on blue cards to keep authority up. Good games! And, as always, thanks to PP for the tourney--let's do it again soon!

Return to “The Tourney Dome”