Snotty128

Re: Ortus Regni

Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:31 pm

Ive sent friends requests to hardco and spicethecat. If they dont respond Ill give them a nudge by quoting them here.

hardco

Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:46 pm

I'd be happy to drop out of the final too, but you'd prefer 3 I'll show up and turn my cards into towers and recruit soldiers (I confess, that's about the extent of my knowledge of the game after playing the tutorial and one match).

Zebracadabra

Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:17 pm

If there's a final, it may not even finish. Whatever the server issue is, it is serious. I have five hung games and am not interested in starting any new games until this is fixed. They've promised but have not yet delivered. I'll ask them again.

Snotty128

Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:31 pm

Oh dear! I'll send kolbex an invite for a 1 on 1 then, see how that works out

Kolbex

Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:12 am

FWIW I have not had any issues with hung games. I did see some advice somewhere on the board to always Leave Game before exiting the app, which I have since done. Dunno if it's that or if I'm just lucky.

Zebracadabra

Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:03 am

AtticusJr have been exiting the games that same way since day one. I know he has multiple hung games, I have five.

I just emailed info@ortusregni.com again to see if there's any news on the horizon.

Zebracadabra

Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:16 pm

Just received a reply from OR:

"The new code is still going through its paces. There were some issues found in the previous week that had to be corrected, and then you have to go through another full week of testing on what you have done. Software is annoying. Plus, this server rebuild is scary... since this is the server, and if we screw it up in a new or different way (once the new sever is online) then we have gone nowhere. We just replaced one problem with a new one. And any new bugs could be worse than what you are experiencing. Who knows, we could be adding a hidden bug to the timing system and mess up Find A Match games. We are terrified about the switch, kind of like changing hearts on a mammal, but know that we have to get the current issues fixed.

And you are not the only one who we have heard from who wants this Challenge Friends issue fixed now. I have to say, having been a gamer all my life as well, and having suffered with buggy games that I liked, I really appreciate that you have cared enough to send these emails to use rather than just walking away forever. From our current development schedule, and assuming we find no more issues with our new sever code (which is really key), we now hope to launch that at the end of this month. We have put all the sever folks we have on this task for a couple months now, actually. I hope you will test it out for us then and let us know if we have gotten it right."

SpiceTheCat

Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:23 pm

Nice message. Thanks for sharing that, Zeb.
the Starveling Cat! the Starveling Cat! look what it did! to your nice new hat!

Zebracadabra

Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:23 am

@kolbex shows my turn but in game shows your turn. We may be hung here.

Zebracadabra

Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:45 pm

Ok, so that game (with Kolbex) did hang. That makes six. Obviously, I'm not playing again until it's fixed. See below for new comment from OR.

I might be persuaded to try real time but it's very difficult for me to allot time in which I may be interrupted anyway.

-------

"Yah, I would suggest that.

Or just do Find A Match or Battle AI only.

But let me check one thing with you. These freezes are happening in Challenge Friends, right? Just want to make sure. Because that is primarily where the bug shows up. There are no significant bugs in Battle AI, and only a few much much rarer bugs in Find A Match. So if this is happening anywhere but in Challenge Friends do let me know. Thank (!) "

Return to “The Tourney Dome”