mark842

Trying to find old Civil War game

Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:58 pm

Hey guys, long story short, a long time ago, like 20 odd years, I got a civil war history book that had a game in the back. I played it over and over and over. I can't remember what happened to it, and I can't remember the name of the game OR the book it came in. I know that's a problem. I do remember that you could control not just the armies, but the navies as well, and it was a strategic/operational level game. Winning battles essentially consisted of building up an army to huge levels, i.e. having the army of the Potomac having 100k men plus, and then marching into the south and winning battle after battle till they gave up. As for the confederate side, winning mainly consisted of building up the army of northern Virginia and stopping the army of the Potomac, as well as invading Missouri or kentucky, cant remember which, and through winning battles, causing them to join the confederacy. I also remember that when you won as the confederacy, a picture would appear on the screen saying, "the south/confederacy has won the war! the union is dissolved."

This game would be pre-2002 I believe. Does anyone know what game I'm talking about?

GrudgeBringer

Re: Trying to find old Civil War game

Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:54 pm

Would it be Civil War Generals 2 by Sierra> If so there is a site..Pintrest that you can get a Cd for Win 10 for about 25 bucks..works well!!

JBuford

Re: Trying to find old Civil War game

Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:00 pm

Hi!

Hm i think i do remember this game..i believe it was part of a Civil War collection i bought ages ago. If you are patient i get back to you, once i was at my parents home. I might be able to still find it there. It might take some weeks as we are still in lockdown in Austria.

-JB

Return to “Computer Games”