countryboy75

no comments on review pages?

Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:41 am

Why can't you post comments on a particular page anymore? I used to enjoy that aspect of the site, even though it wasn't used a heck of a lot.

EICJoe

Re: no comments on review pages?

Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:11 am

Hello! Apologies for the delayed response.

None of the Network N sites have article comment systems anymore - the only reason Wargamer, Strategy Gamer etc. kept them for a while is because we were on a different CMS and infrastructure, but we've now moved over.

TBH, the way it was implemented was a bit of a pain so I'm not sad to see the specific system we had go. Fairly neutral on the presence of article comments in general, but if you have something you want to say the forum is still here for you to start a conversation :)
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor
Wargamer.com
StrategyGamer.com

Philo

Re: no comments on review pages?

Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:38 am

I also miss the comment section on articles. Wargamers tend to be an opinionated and intelligent bunch, so it was always interesting to see what they would say about the article in question. I'm sure it wasn't as nice for the authors, as a good portion of the time some crank would go tilt about something completely unreasonable. But despite that, the lack of comments is step backwards, in my view. (And yes, it is ironic that I am bordering on being a crank here.)

Return to “Feedback & Suggestions”