admin
Site Admin

The Wargamer's Guide to Print & Play War Games

Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:31 pm

I’ve started transitioning from miniature wargames to playing more board wargames. It’s been an interesting ride, but I’ve come to appreciate the amount of gaming you can get in an...

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/print- ... war-games/

gamesbook

Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:52 am

Amazing work! I have always tried thick card for the maps but am now keen to try foamboard instead. Also thanks for pointing out that there is an "upgraded" version of NaW (small suggestion: please add links - at least in the foot notes - as to where to obtain these games and files).

Can you share any advice on how to get the paper to adhere smoothly and firmly for the map board?

JoeF

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:23 pm

Hey @GAMESBOOK, glad I managed to catch your comment! For Adhering the paper to the foamboard we went pretty old school. We coated the foamboard is as much Elmer's stick glue as possible and placed the paper carefully in one corner. We then used a metal ruler to press it out from there. It did wonders to remove any bubbles, just take care that you're being very straight with it. We had an accident the first time around.

I unfortunately can't link you to the files anymore, but if you head to boardgamegeek.com and type in the name of each game, there will almost certainly be the most up to date files for each game in their database. You'll just have to register for free to grab them!

Good luck building and playing!

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”